I’m so honored and excited to teach alongside my soul sister and artist extraordinaire, Orly Avineri, once again. We’ve found that the alchemy of our unique perspectives and practices creates something quite special and powerful, and we’re so happy to share it with you.
Over the course of five days, Orly and I will share a diverse array of intuitive, mixed-media art processes as we consider themes of contentment, change, personal freedom, and connection. Drawing on the wisdom centers of our body, mind, and spirit, we will explore ways to express our ever-changing moods and experiences, while examining notions of truth and fluidity.
Be ready to explore new materials, let go of pre-conceived ideas of “beauty,” move your body, and open yourself up to a whole new way of soulful creating.
“To call this experience a “workshop” is to diminish the depth and breadth of these five very rich days. Orly and Flora have created a nurturing, challenging, and invigorating “retreat” in every best sense of the word.” – Carolyn
“If you want a transformative experience, take Flora and Orly’s class. It will change you – It will impact your life in a perfect way. Your creative senses – all of them – will be engaged.” – Rachel
“An exhilarating, life changing experience for everyone, regardless of creative experience. These 5 days will be with me forever.” – Nikki
We will provide a healthy and delicious catered Welcome Lunch on Wednesday, a Healthy BBQ on Friday evening, a Farewell Lunch on Sunday, and an abundance of healthy, gourmet, seasonal platters and handcrafted tea and fair trade coffee available throughout the weekend. All other meals will be on your own.
Each participant will be invited to a private Facebook group to foster connections among the group.
Accommodations and transportation are not included in the price of the workshop. However, local hotel and AirBnB options will be provided upon reservation. Sharing rooms and rides will be facilitated through the Facebook group.
PREREQUISITES + CANCELLATION POLICY + CONFIRMATION
No experience is required to attend. There are no refunds for this event. Once you are enrolled in the workshop, you will receive an email within 48 hours with details regarding the schedule, supplies, accommodation recommendations and location. Please feel free to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some materials will be provided. Please bring the following:
- One large size cereal/food box.
- A small, used children’s book (from a library store, a second hand book store, etc.)
- Acrylic paints (favorite colors)
- Paint brushes, very wide and flat to very thin
- Matte or Soft Gel
- White Gesso
- Black Gesso
- Fine point black permanent pen
- White Gel Pen
- LOTS of personal images: copies of photos, actual photographs, scraps of papers you love, images from old books, old letters, vintage ephemera, etc.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing. We’ll be moving our bodies and getting messy!
- Five days of facilitated workshop time, including plenty of one-on-one time with Flora and Orly
- One-on-one support from the Bloom True team throughout the workshop
- Live musical serenade
- Plenty of large watercolor paper + cardstock
- Water jar, rags, and spray bottles
- Love-filled goody bags from Flora and Orly
- Small, original, collaborative painting by Flora and Orly
- Gourmet catered Welcome Lunch on Wednesday
- Gourmet catered Farewell Lunch on Sunday
- Healthy BBQ and extended studio time on Friday evening
- Healthy, gourmet, seasonal platters, organic tea and coffee, and filtered water
- Discounts on products and future courses
- Inspiration and connections to last a lifetime
- On-site massage therapy sessions available at an additional cost
Flora Bowley’s backyard Portland, OR studio. Exact address will be sent upon registration.
- Wednesday – Saturday: 10 – 5
- Sunday: 10 – 3
- Additional Open Studio Time on Friday Evening
THERE IS NOTHING QUITE LIKE CREATING TOGETHER
Workshops are offered several times a year, and tend to fill up quickly. I always announce workshops as soon as they are open on my email list News Art Love. If you’d like to be the first to know about upcoming workshops, please join below!
“The Winds of Change workshop was far more than a painting/art journaling class; more of a spiritual venture into myself. A lovely time and space to explore the ways change in my life makes me more alive and mindful. I can’t help but be more creative now! This is the workshop with real follow-through.”